You have researched the theoretical writings related to your selected mental disorder in the second part of the course project. In the third part, you will examine the practice related to the disorder.
You have conducted field research on practice related to the disorder, including the interview with a health professional. Based on the information you have gathered, develop a paper that includes the following:
- Describe the extent and nature of the disorder, such as number of people diagnosed and under treatment, demographics, and other factors of interest.
- Explain how the selected disorder is diagnosed.
- Explain how the selected disorder is treated. Be sure to include all the views on appropriate treatment and comment on diversity of views or dissent.
- Differentiate the diagnosis of this disorder from those of the other disorders within the same diagnostic category.
- Comment on culturally bound syndromes, cultural biases, or the interplay between assessment and diagnosis and culture.