Write a 3–4-page article that addresses the topic of interprofessional collaboration and teamwork in health care organizations.
The majority of health care leaders today state that interprofessional collaboration is essential for effective and efficient health care delivery. But this type of collaboration rarely occurs (Bankston & Glazer, 2013). In this assessment you will consider what it takes to develop truly effective interprofessional collaborative teams.
You have been asked to submit an article to be published in your organization’s newsletter. After careful deliberation, you have decided to address the topic of interprofessional collaboration and teamwork in health care organizations, and how teams can be successful. Your article should be 3–4 pages in length, not including the title page and references page. Format this assessment following APA guidelines.
Complete the following in your article:
- Explain what is meant by the term interprofessional collaboration from a nursing perspective. (Do not simply copy a definition from a dictionary or other resource!)
- Describe the characteristics and qualities of effective interprofessional teams in terms of patient care and safety.
- Describe the benefits and limitations of interprofessional teams for health care organizations, members of a team, and patients.
- Explain the challenges of working in an interprofessional team.
- Describe strategies to help people come together to function effectively as a collaborative team.
- Explain how interprofessional teams define success. Consider how the definition might change based on the types of situations the team was formed to handle.
- Include a separate title page and references page.
- Reference at least three current scholarly or professional resources.
- Use APA format.
- Use Times New Roman font, 12 point.
- Double space.