Why is this presentation important and who is it important to?
Dr. Thompson’s expectations are not unusual within some communities outside HR that have been exposed to modern approaches to employee engagement and growth. Robert is a competent HR pro, trained and educated to the compliance essentials of HR, which are at the foundation of what we must know. Alley has more seniority and is more seasoned. She knows the value of strategic actions and how the employee life cycle occurs by default or by design. If you don’t treat the employee life cycle as a critical workplace process, it will be diminished to the minimum. From branding to recruiting and from onboarding to development it will impress upon the employee how much the company values them. The process must have an intense focus by the organization with consistent refinement. Robert is not really sure exactly what Dr. Thompson wants in a presentation, but learners are asked to suggest how he should approach this with Alley’s guidance.
- Using the Gallop model from what you need to know what would you recommend Robert include in the presentation for Dr. Thompson?
- Why is this presentation important and who is it important to?
- What is surprising about the employee life cycle to you?
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Just from $13/Page
- Arnold, J. (2018). Creating an optimal employee experience. HRMagazine, 63(5), 76–81.
- This article illustrates a different kind of thinking about the employee experience, beyond free food and new programs.
- Baumgartner, N. (2014). One engagement strategy does not fit all. Harvard Business Review Digital Articles, 2–4.
- This article points to the fact all employees are not motivated in the same way. This resource will help you with a strategy to motivate employees to be more engaged.
- Berdzik, C. J., & Ferrara, M. M. (2015). Best practices for avoiding claims in the employee life cycle, from hiring through termination: Part 2: Documentation: If it’s not in writing, it didn’t happen. Inside Counsel.Breaking News.
- Sometimes performance reviews should document when an employee is underperforming and this article explains why. This resource will give an important perspective to your work as an HR professional.
- Smith, L. (2016). Employee retention woes subsided. Talent Development, 70(12), 24–25.
- DISYS company instituted a new program called the Employee Life Cycle Protocol and this article discusses the early positive results.
The Importance of Onboarding
- Carucci, R. (2018). To retain new hires, spend more time onboarding them. Harvard Business Review Digital Articles, 1–5.
- One important part of the employee life cycle is onboarding. This article outlines some best practices for organizational, technical, and social onboarding new employees.
- Nawaz, S. (2019). How to make sure a new hire feels included from day one. Harvard Business Review Digital Articles, 2–5.
- This article gives some specific instructions for onboarding new executives and integrating new members into a team. This resource gives valuable advice to HR professionals.
- Sheridan, K. (2019). 8 tips for awesome onboarding of millennials. Talent Acquisition Excellence Essentials.
- These tips are good for onboarding, but more importantly for keeping millennials engaged throughout their tenure with your organization.
- Shufutinsky, A., & Cox, R. (2019). Losing talent on day one: Onboarding millennial employees in health care organizations. Organization Development Journal, 37(4), 33–51.
- This is a very interesting study that includes employee quotes about their onboarding experiences in health care organizations. This resource connects the value of onboarding to employee motivation.
- Zielinski, D. (2019). How to optimize onboarding. HRMagazine, 64(2), 1.
- This article evaluates automated onboarding programs and discusses the positive aspects of “employee-owned” onboarding. This resource directly evaluates the capability of an HR platform to accomplish tasks for a stage of the employee life cycle.
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Do you have an upcoming essay or assignment due?
All of our assignments are originally produced, unique, and free of plagiarism.If yes Order Paper Now