One of the most difficult aspects of change is resistance and hesitation from a team of colleagues. Most people do not like change and therefore maintain negative attitudes and opinions when they are faced with change.
Instructions: Throughout this unit, 6 models of change will be covered in some depth.
- Read through the 6 infographics that will be covered in this unit. Scroll through the unit to view each one. (Each model will be covered in greater depth throughout the unit).
- Look for similarities between the models.
- What five tips could be given to a new manager who is facing a large change within their organization? For each tip:
- Provide rationale as to why it would be useful to the new manager
- Reference the change management model that best supports the tip (cite and reference all resources using APA 6.0).
- Explain one challenge that a manager might struggle with (include personal insight), when trying to combat resistance and hesitation from a team during a time of change.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
Estimated time to complete: 2 hours
This topic is valued at 40 points. Please review post and response expectations. Please review the rubric to ensure that your response meets criteria.
Cite any resources/references in APA formatting that were used in the discussion – if applicable.
Instructions: Read the initial posts made by classmates and respond to at least three with the following:
- Were the tips for the new manager helpful? Why or why not?
- How can the write overcome the challenge described? Cite resources and any personal experiences as appropriate.
- Are there personal experiences worth noting that are relatable in dealing with large organizational change (from either a manager or employee perspective)? If so, would these tips have been useful in either of those roles? Explain why or why not.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format. Estimated time to complete: 45 minutes x 3 responses (2 hours, 15 minutes total)
Please review post and response expectations. Please review the rubric to ensure that your response meets criteria.