- Select one company/organization that you will follow for next workshops.
- In this first part of your final project, you will prepare a summary of the organization and the systems currently in use. You may use your own workplace or do internet research for an organization. If the organization is not your own employer, you may use a real company or base a fictitious company on some internet presence, as you will need to provide a website link to the organization you patterned your fictitious company on. In either case, you will need to make sure you can identify the following:
- The mission of the organization
- The goals management is trying to achieve
- The strategies and technology systems currently being used to accomplish the organization’s mission and goals
- You should be able to provide an overview of the organization’s mission.
- What does the organization provide to customers, how does it do this, and what does it see as its current and future goals?
- You will also develop a summary of the systems the organization uses in meeting its goals for products or services.
- For some examples of in-depth information technology strategic plans, consider searching the internet, or see the following PDFs:
- Carson-Newman Information Technology Strategic Plan 2014–2016
- City of Fort Collins Information Technology 2014–2018 Strategic Plan
- This assignment will be used in the final paper as the overall introduction to the rest of the assignment.
- Your paper for this assignment should be three pages in length and use APA format. Make sure to provide any references you will need. One of the references should be to the source of your information (organization’s website). If the organization is your own, please provide a website link to your company.
- For questions on APA style, go to the APA Style Guide.
Do you have an upcoming essay or assignment due?
All of our assignments are originally produced, unique, and free of plagiarism.