What additional historical events or social factors may have influenced the creation or interpretation of each painting?
Art as Revolution
This week, we have studied works of art produced in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries that reflected, or in some cases, incited, social change or even revolution.
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Just from $13/Page
Carefully examine the following works, and read about each one in your textbook, course and video lectures, and through reliable internet resources:
- Hogarth, Breakfast Scene, 1795
- David, Death of Marat, 1793
- Delacroix, Liberty Leading the People, 1830
- Goya, Third of May, 1808, 1814-15
- Courbet, The Stone Breakers, 1849
In an essay of 5-7 well-developed paragraphs, address the following questions, making specific references to the five paintings listed above:
- How did each painting reflect or inspire social change or revolution? What was the social or revolutionary context of the painting?
- What additional historical events or social factors may have influenced the creation or interpretation of each painting?
- Explain how the style and specific visual characteristics of each painting contributed to or reflected its overall content or meaning.
- Do these paintings have the same impact or meaning to audiences today? Why or why not?
Include details about the visual characteristics and content of each painting in your response. Provide proper citations for any information from outside sources included in your essay.
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Do you have an upcoming essay or assignment due?
All of our assignments are originally produced, unique, and free of plagiarism.If yes Order Paper Now