Fluctuating cost is an aspect of the U.S. healthcare delivery system that remains consistent (even though overall, costs are rising). These changes in cost represent trends in the healthcare arena. Among the trends occurring are consumer-centered healthcare offerings such as Accountable Care Organizations (ACO), Pay-for-Performance (P4P), Consumer Driven Health Plans (CDHP), and Health Information Technology (HIT), for example.
- Assume the role of the manager of a hospital or clinic (select one).
- Select 3 of the types of trends described above.
- Investigate each of the selected three trends from the organization’s perspective (hospital or clinic).
- As the manager, explain how each of the trends would help or hinder the organization and why.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
Estimated time to complete: 2 hours, 30 minutes
This topic is valued at 40 points. Please review post and response expectations. Please review the rubric to ensure that your response meets criteria.
Cite any resources/references in APA formatting that were used in the discussion – if applicable.
Instructions: Read the posts of 3 classmates and respond with the following information:
- Select a post of a classmate who assumed a different role in the initial post (hospital manager vs. clinic manager).
- How are personal findings similar to the classmate’s findings?
- How are the findings different?
- Briefly summarize how the trends impact the hospital and clinic differently.
- Describe what was learned through reading the classmate’s post.
- Ask two additional questions of the classmate, based on the information presented.
- Be sure to revisit the discussion and answer questions from classmates.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format. Estimated time to complete: 1 hour, 15 minutes x 3 (3 hours, 45 minutes total)
Please review post and response expectations. Please review the rubric to ensure that your response meets criteria.