Option #1: The Role and Impact of the Health Insurance Market (Paper)
Over the years, the health insurance market has become more competitive and as a result consumers “…have been offered a greater choice in benefits, cost-sharing arrangements, premiums to match their own experience, and types of insurance products” (Feldstein, 2012, p. 242).
For this assignment, prepare an economic analysis brief that describes the role and impact of the health insurance market in the U.S. healthcare industry to demonstrate an understanding of Module 4. Discuss and synthesize key elements from at least two recent scholarly articles (found in the CSU-Global Library) that address one of the following points:
- Determine the performance of the health insurance industry.
- Apply economic models, theories, or assumptions.
- Offer objective methods for attempting to predict future market behavior in response to events, trends, and cycles.
- Assess economic policy recommendations for healthcare stakeholders.
Your analysis should be thoughtful and thorough, well written, and formatted accordingly:
- Title page
- Introduction – What is the topic, why is it important, and what are the objectives of your brief?
- Body – What are the key elements of the scholarly articles that support the objectives of your brief? What economic models or concepts apply?
- Conclusion – What are the future implications, policy recommendations, etc.?
- Reference page
Your paper should be 3 to 4 pages in length