Links to the video:
The movie “Escape Fire: The Fight to Rescue American Healthcare,” identified seven issues affecting our current healthcare system:
1. Paying more, getting less
2. Treating the whole person
3. Preventing Disease
6. An entrenched system
Please create a thoughtful and supported post addressing the points below. Let us all do our best to create thoughtful discussions and an open forum for all opinions.
· Pick 4 of the issues listed above and answer the following questions:
· How are these issues affecting our current system (spending/debt, Medicare, ACA, population health)?
· Who is responsible for these issues and correcting them?
· How can these issues be improved whether at a local/state (community health department), national (USDHHS), or global level (WHO)?
· Which of these issues fall under the Strategic Goals of the USDHHS and Healthy People 2020?
· What can we do as nurses?
· Use chapters 3 and 5 in your text and at least one scholarly article (not Wikipedia or a website).
· Your post should be at least 400 words.