1. A nurse sustains an accidental needle pinprick to the right third finger while administering an injection. If an employee has an occupational exposure, what must happen?
A. An in-service meeting should be held for all employees who may potentially be exposed to the same occupational hazard.
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Just from $13/Page
B. The employee should contact the proper authorities.
C. Hospital administrators must maintain the nurse’s medical record for the remainder of her employment plus an additional 30 years.
D. The guidelines for OSHA should be included in the employment file.
2. Another name for third-party contractors who have access to medical information is
A. healthcare vendors.
B. insurance administrators.
C. covered entities.
D. business associates.
3. A patient receives two venous pressure clamps for hemodialysis. What HCPCS Level II code is assigned?
B. A4918 × 2
C. A4751 × 2
4. The anatomical location of the calyx is the
5. A patient comes to the clinic complaining of ongoing headaches. The headaches began one week prior and have persisted ever since. A lumbar spinal tap is performed to pinpoint the source of the patient’s headaches. What CPT and ICD-10-CM codes are assigned?
A. 62270, G74.3
B. 62270, G44.1
C. 62141, G46.8
D. 62272, G46.9
6. A coder assigns a HCPCS Level II code to a patient’s medical record. The code description reads as follows: Enteral feeding supply kit; syringe fed, per day, includes but not limited to feeding/flushing syringe, administration set tubing, dressings, tape. Based on this description, which HCPCS Level II code was assigned?
7. To conform to the HIPAA Privacy Rule, which of the following safeguards must be maintained in health care facilities?
A. ICD-7 provisional safeguards
B. Immunization and injection safeguards
C. Reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards
D. Hazardous waste protection safeguards
8. A patient receives a blood glucose monitor. What HCPCS Level II code would be assigned?
9. Alternative dispute resolution (ADR) allows
A. lawyer-to-lawyer mediation during trial recess.
B. mediating disputes with a judge in the presence of the bailiff.
C. resolving medical malpractice suits by submitting pretrial depositions.
D. litigants to resolve disputes prior to or after the start of litigation.
10. A 65-year-old patient is admitted to the hospital for 48 hours to receive treatment from her physician. This patient would be covered under
A. Medicare Part B.
B. Medicare Part A.
C. Medicare Part D.
D. Medicare Part C.
11. Another term for disease evolution is
12. In relation to HIPAA regulations regarding the manner in which information can be disclosed, which of the following statements is true?
A. Protected health information must be disclosed only when the patient is unable to testify in a court proceeding.
B. Protected health information may never be disclosed.
C. Protected health information may be disclosed in a judicial or administrative proceeding if the request is made through an order from a court or administrative tribunal.
D. Protected health information may be disclosed only within a deposition.
13. The gatekeeper concept refers to the operation of
A. ambulatory payment surgery centers.
B. prospective payment organizations.
C. retrospective payment organizations.
D. health maintenance organizations.
14. Which of the following procedures would be performed to treat prostate cancer?
A. Transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP)
15. What diagnosis code would be assigned for a patient diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes mellitus with diabetic nephropathy?
16. Another name for Medicare Advantage is
A. Medicare Part A.
B. Medicare Part C.
C. Medicare Part B.
D. Medicare Part D.
17. The codes for pacemakers and implantable defibrillators would be found in what section of CPT?
18. A patient comes to the emergency room complaining of abdominal pain. She was previously diagnosed with type I diabetes. She also complains of watery eyes, congestion, pressure in the sinuses, and difficulty breathing. Her final diagnoses are right lower quadrant abdominal pain, type I diabetes, acute sinusitis, and asthma. What CPT and ICD-10-CM codes are assigned?
A. 99222, R18.91, E16.9, J01.91, J45.919
B. 99221, R17.41, E17.9, J01.90, J45.909
C. 99223, R14.31, E15.9, J01.90, J45.929
D. 99221, R10.31, E10.9, J01.90, J45.909
19. What is considered to be protected health information (PHI)?
A. Any health information that can identify the individual to whom it refers
B. Records pertaining to ancestry
C. Statistical data compiled for research purposes only
D. Census data
20. In what CPT code range is Surgical Pathology found?
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Do you have an upcoming essay or assignment due?
All of our assignments are originally produced, unique, and free of plagiarism.If yes Order Paper Now