One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest ( Nursing: Mental Health) (please answer questions thank you, second…
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest ( Nursing: Mental Health) (please answer questions thank you, second part is nursing interventions)
Write a one-page analysis discussing the following questions about this movie:
- The two main characters are Nurse Ratched and Randle Mcmurphy. Why was Randle on this unit?
- Describe the relationship between the two characters.
- Explain how Nurse Ratched related to the rest of the patients on the unit.
- Explain how Nurse Ratched led groups- was it therapeutic?
- If you were the nurse on this unit, how would you have changed the milieu therapy?
On a separate sheet of paper: Choose any other patient (not Randle McMurphy) in the movie to answer these questions:
(Character name to discuss will be about Billy Bibbit)
- What are the two priority nursing diagnoses for this character?
- Name two short-term goals or this patient, including two nurse interventions for each one goal. How would you measure goal completion?
- Name two long-term goals for this patient include a time frame.
- What support group would be available for this patient today?