1) If You Had a Billion Dollars The natural increase in the population of a country is determined by the difference between birth rates and death rates. If you had a billion dollars to spend on reducing death rates and birth rates how would you spend it?
2) Carrying Capacity Is there an adequate measure of the carrying capacity of a place, a region, a country or the planet?
3) Just Like Everyone Else We see may cultures disappearing today. Will there come a time when all people live the same way in all places on the Earth?
4) Cultural Universals There are multiple different cultural universals that can help to identify different culturals on Earth. The two main cultural universals are language and religion. Why are languages and religions so tightly connected to cultures?
5) Your Experience Describe an early experience of yours with a person from another culture and explain why it was important. Does it still have significance today?
6) Cultural Remains Cultural Imperialism and European Ethnocentricity has left a mark on much of the world. What cultural remains still influence areas that are no longer under European rule? (Give examples.)