The purpose of the Course Project is to give the student the opportunity to apply concepts in transcultural nursing by conducting a transcultural nursing assessment and reflection on completion of the Course Project. The purpose of Milestone 3 is to perform an assessment and reflect on learning related to the Course Project (3 Milestones). You will complete a template reflecting on concepts of transcultural nursing related to the assessment and reflect on learning.
The completion of the Course Project enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO1: Identify theories, concepts, and beliefs related to transcultural nursing. (PO1)
CO2: Communicate effectively with culturally diverse individuals, families, and organizations. (PO3)
The entire project is worth 600 points. Milestone 3 is worth 300 points of this total.
You are to submit your completed NR394 Milestone 3 by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT, at the end of Week 6.
Requirements and Guidelines
- Review the Course Outcomes for this assignment, which are listed above.
- Schedule a time to meet with the individual to conduct a face-to-face assessment. You may not conduct the assessment by phone call, e-mail, or by asking the individual to fill in the template. You must be able to understand your individual. An interpreter is not allowed.
- Do not perform the assessment prior to Week 6 in order to receive feedback from your instructor regarding Milestone 2. This will allow you time to make adjustments in your questions if needed. If the individual’s schedule requires that you perform the assessment prior to Week 6, consult with your instructor regarding early submission of Milestone 2 to ensure that you receive timely feedback before the assessment occurs.
- Perform the assessment in a professional manner using the preapproved questions (Milestone 2).
- Once you have completed the Assessment and Reflections template (Links to an external site.), click Save as, and save the file with assignment name and your last name (e.g., NR394_Milestone3_Smith). Submit to assignment page by 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 6 by 11:59 p.m. MT.
- Contact your instructor if you have any questions.
Academic Integrity Reminder
College of Nursing values honesty and integrity. All students should be aware of the Academic Integrity policy and follow it in all discussions and assignments.
By submitting this assignment, I pledge on my honor that all content contained is my own original work except as quoted and cited appropriately. I have not received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment.
Please see the grading criteria and rubrics (Links to an external site.) on this page.
Note: Please use your browser’s File setting to save or print this page.