For this assignment, you will interview a registered nurse who has a current nursing license- this…
For this assignment, you will interview a registered nurse who has a current nursing license- this could be an advanced practice nurse. If you do not know a nurse, ask one of your faculty members for help.
The purpose of this exercise is to help you identify the role of a registered nurse in addition to professional issues around licensure.
During the interview address the following questions:
- What does being a Registered Nurse mean to you? What is your favorite/least favorite part of being a nurse?
- Describe your nursing experience. Where? Length of time? Specializations?
- Do you feel nursing is a profession or an occupation?
- Do you belong to any nursing organizations? If yes, how does this impact your practice? If no, why? What is the primary deterrent from joining one?
- How do you maintain your licensure?
Once you have conducted your interview, write up your answers and submit as an attachment. Your response should be 1-2 pages in length.