Search and seizure legal requirements are important in all investigations. In this assignment, we will concentrate on the need to meet these legal requirements and look at the issues that will affect a case.
A person called the Centervale Police Department to report an assault in front of a single-family residence at 8734 South Street. Officer James went to investigate the assault. The caller had said that blood and a weapon were possibly inside the residence and that he saw the victim, Henry “Hank” Roberts, outside the residence on the ground near the street. Roberts was unconscious and was being treated by paramedics when Officer James arrived. Officer James noted that the front door of the residence was closed. He thought about entering the residence.
On the basis of your reading of this case, prepare a 400- to 500-word, double-spaced report. In you report, answer the following questions:
- How do search and seizure requirements relate to the investigative process?
- What are the legal guidelines?
- What problems might be encountered?
- When is a warrant necessary and why?
- In what ways can a defense attorney attack search and seizure issues at trial?
For the report, use Times New Roman, 12-point font. Provide