Questions Complete the following questions as you work your way through the module. Complete the Self-Assessment…
Complete the following questions as you work your way through the module. Complete the Self-Assessment at the end of the module to check your answers.
- Nightingale’s influence today extends beyond her undeniable impact on the field of modern nursing to the areas of: (Select all that apply)
- infection control
- hospital epidemiology
- hospice care
- hospital architecture
- When did the move toward formal education and training for nurses grow?
- After the Crimean War
- After the Civil War
- After the Revolutionary War
- After the Spanish-American War
- The ANA was founded in
- Which event from of 1917 to 1919 increased the public’s awareness of the necessity of public health nursing?
- The Bubonic Plague
- Scarlet Fever
- The flu
- Tuberculosis outbreak
- Learning any new role is derived from a mixture of:
- studying and passing exams.
- formal and informal socialization.
- a mentor / mentee relationship
- None of the above
- All of the following are definitions of theory EXCEPT:
- Theories are a world view or metaparadigm to guide nursing practice day to day.
- Theories are words or phrases (concepts) joined together in sentences, with an overall theme, to explain, describe, or predict something.
- A theory is a set of interrelated concepts, definitions, and propositions that present a systematic way of viewing facts/events by specifying relations among the variables, with the purpose of explaining and predicting the fact event.
- Theories help us understand and find meaning in our nursing experience and also provide a foundation to direct questions that provide insights into best practices and safe patient care