1. Which one of the following requirements is outlined in the guidelines established in HIPAA’s Privacy Rule?
A. Hospital administrators must encrypt data within older data files.
B. Managers must secure medical records immediately following patient admission.
C. Patients must receive notice if their information will be used or disclosed to third parties.
D. Physicians must not disclose patient information to consulting physicians.
2. A tethered health record allows patients to
A. amend the diagnoses listed in the health record.
B. use a secure portal to access their own records.
C. restructure insurance copayments.
D. compare their health records to the records of patients with similar diagnoses.
3. A patient sustains a fracture of the femur while playing football in a nearby park. What ICD-10-CM code would be assigned?
4. Which one of the following structures is part of the male secondary genitalia?
5. What is the full code description for 25515?
A. Open treatment of radial shaft fracture, includes internal fixation, when performed, and open treatment of distal radioulnar joint dislocation (Galeazzi fracture/dislocation), includes internal fixation, when performed, includes repair of triangular fibrocartilage complex
B. Open treatment of radial shaft fracture, includes internal fixation, when performed
C. Closed treatment of radial shaft fracture; without manipulation
D. Closed treatment of ulnar shaft fracture; without manipulation
6. Another name for XXY syndrome is
A. Turner’s syndrome.
B. Huntington’s chorea.
C. Cooley’s anemia.
D. Klinefelter syndrome.
7. The hammer-shaped bone in the middle ear is called the
8. Codes beginning with the letter K are related to the _______ system.
9. Which of the following statements is true of the olfactory nerve?
A. It’s located in the mitral valve and helps to circulate blood throughout the heart.
B. It’s found in the nose and allows the senses to detect and distinguish odors.
C. It’s susceptible to erosion due to Peyronie’s disease.
D. It conveys the fluid from lymph glands to other areas of the body.
10. A patient has a Foley catheter inserted prior to a planned surgical procedure. How is this coded?
11. What is the CPT code for simple drainage of a finger abscess?
12. Usually, a comprehensive EHR includes
A. secure standalone cluster controllers for hospitals in rural environments.
B. software, hardware, implementation, and future program upgrades.
C. coaxial cable connections between mainframe servers only.
D. customizable XHRLT processes for ambulatory surgery centers.
13. What ICD-10-CM code would be assigned for a patient with acute tubule-interstitial nephritis?
14. An echocardiogram shows that the wall of a patient’s artery has dilated. The dilation has resulted in a saclike swelling. This swelling is called a/an
C. mesenteric venous thrombosis.
D. benign tumor.
15. What is Medicare Part D?
A. The component of Medicare Part A that covers outpatient surgeries
B. Supplemental coverage for war veterans and their dependents
C. Add-on coverage for dental procedures
D. Add-on coverage for prescription drugs provided through insurance companies approved by Medicare
16. The suffix –stasis means
B. stopping and controlling.
17. The outcome of delivery code should be
A. omitted from the maternal record for stillborn delivery.
B. assigned to the newborn record only.
C. assigned to both the maternal and newborn records.
D. assigned to the maternal record when a delivery occurs.
18. A patient who was involved in a motor vehicle accident is taken to the hospital by ambulance and admitted to the hospital in critical care. The physician sees the patient for 74 minutes in critical care. The physician leaves to attend to other patients in the ICU and the NICU of the same hospital. Five hours later, the physician returns to the patient and continues to treat the patient in critical care for an additional 30 minutes. The patient spends a total of 104 minutes in critical care. What codes are assigned?
A. 99292, 99292, 99293
B. 99291, 99291
C. 99291, 99292
D. 99292, 99293
19. The root word OBSTETR/O means
20. Coders can use the Microsoft Office suite to create spreadsheets in
B. Lotus 1-2-3.