NSG 5522 Family Nursing: Theory, Research, and Practice
Purpose: Genograms provide a quick and useful context in which to evaluate an individual’s Eco-maps are important because, when fully completed, they serve as a tool to highlight different the relationships and human resources in the person’s life. These resources and the information about each relationship then serve as a starting point when addressing the featured person’s needs.
Course Objective: Compare and contrast a variety of theoretical frameworks to understanding dynamics within families.
- Choose a family (for this assignment this can be your own family)
- Refer to the Boxs and Figures in your text in developing a family genogram and eco map.
- Use the symbols posted in the Figure in your text
- Include birth/death dates, relationships, and health problems/risks
- Complete an in depth analysis of the information gained in the genogram and eco map.
- In writing up your analysis use high quality/scholarly writing skills.
- Use references more than 2 references less than 5 years and peer review
- Due date 01/26/2017
- 5-6 pages in APA format Figures from my text book below: Book reference: Kaakinen, J.R., Gedaly-Duff,V. Coehlo, D.P., & Hanson, S.M.H. (2015). Family health care nursing: Theory, practice and research (5th ed.). Philadelphia: FA Davis. NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF NURSING NSG 5522 Family Nursing: Theory, Research, and Practice Genogram/Ecomap Rubric This assignment is due according to the date posted on the Assignments and Activities Schedule.
|Genogram/Ecomap -Diagram with Key||Genogram contains less than 3 generations of the family;Family birth/death dates are unclearRelationships are unclear.Ecomap contains <4 circlesSymbols are not standardized or consistentHealth risks (physical and mental) are not clearly identified||Genogram contains 3 or more generations of the family;Family birth/death dates are clearRelationships are clear.Health risks (physical and mental) are identifiedEcomap contains >4 circlesSymbols are standardized, consistent and accurate.|
|Analysis||Analysis of diagram is vague and/or unsubstantiated.Analysis is cursory||A detailed analysis of the diagram is includedContent shows depth of thoughtThe analysis is justifiable based on diagram.A list of family strengths and a family goal is developed from the material.|
|Quality of Writing· Spelling and Grammar· Punctuation· I stop reading after 6 errors are noted· Organized with a logical flow· Sentence and paragraph are clear· Work presented is original· APA style||There are 3 or more grammatical/spelling errorsSentence and paragraph structure is difficult to read and follow.There are more than 3 APA errors||Less than 3 spelling/grammatical errors.Sentence and paragraph structure is clear.Ideas are organized and coherentThere is a logical structure to the papers organization.|
|25 Possible Total PointsTotal Points =|