4. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer, and former Microsoft CEO Bill Gates formed…
4. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer, and former Microsoft CEO Bill Gates formed a lobby group, FWD.us, to campaign in favour of the following policies:
1) More high-skilled immigration into the United States
2) Improving science and technology education in the United States
3) Encouraging immigrants to compete with Americans for employment
From an economic perspective, why might Silicon Valley executives favour these policies?
(A) The executives are kind people who care about immigrants and education.
(B) Immigrants bring new ideas that can boost profits.
(C) Encouraging high-skilled immigration and better science education increases the supply of technology workers, which reduces wages in Silicon Valley.
(D) Lobbying is a fun and social activity.