Describes the visual characteristics that makes the object representative of its style
Assume you have been given the ability to travel back in time, and you are about to set off on a trip to the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. The purpose of your trip is to visit artists in their studios and view firsthand the creation of some of their paintings and sculpture.
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Just from $13/Page
In your time travels, you will collect information on five different styles of nineteenth- and twentieth-century art, as represented by one artist from each style. Before you set out, decide which specific styles you would like to explore.
Select one style from each of the five categories listed below:
- Late Nineteenth Century: Impressionism or Post Impressionism
- Early Twentieth Century: Fauvism, Expressionism, or Futurism
- Cubism: Analytic or Synthetic
- Post-World War I Art: Dada or Surrealism
- Post-World War II Art: Abstract Expressionism, Minimalism, or Pop Art
For each of your five selected styles, identify one artist who represents that style whose studio you will explore in your time travels. In your visits to each artist’s studio, plan to identify one work of art that best exemplifies the artist’s style.
When you return from your time travels, prepare a report that includes the following information for each of your five representative works of art:
- A photograph of the object
- Identifying information:
- Name of the artist
- Title of the work
- Date of the work
- Medium/materials used to create the work
- Identify the style of the work of art. Then, write a paragraph of 4-6 sentences that:
- Describes the visual characteristics that makes the object representative of its style
- Places the work within its social and historical context and explains why it is culturally significant
Finally, in a well-developed paragraph of 6-8 sentences, summarize what you have learned from your “time travels,” highlighting key similarities and distinctions between the artists you visited and their representative works of art.
Your report should conclude with an explanation about which style you find most interesting and why.
Offer a citation of your sources for each image and the information provided as appropriate
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Do you have an upcoming essay or assignment due?
All of our assignments are originally produced, unique, and free of plagiarism.If yes Order Paper Now