Watch a movie that involves leadership in the military setting. Here are a few possible choices:
- Crimson Tide
- K-19: The Widowmaker
- Lord of the Rings; Return of the King
- Red Tails
- The Bridge on the River Kwai
- The Great Escape
- The Hunt for Red October
- The Patriot
- The Thin Red Line
Consider the following in your essay:
- What can we learn about leadership from the main character in this movie?
- Describe the leadership style of the main character.
- What moment or scene in the movie “defined” the leader?
- What actions of the leader seemed to impact followers most?
- Describe the relationship and interactions between the leader and followers.
- What (if any) ethical dilemmas were present and how did the leader respond to them?
Length: 350 – 500 words (roughly 1 – 1 ½ pages double-spaced 12 point Times New Roman font). Save your essay in Microsoft Word and upload it here.
Please give thoughtful consideration to all of the concepts presented in MC4401 thus far. In addition, keep in mind that this assessment will measure the following student learning outcome: Discuss and evaluate the skills, traits and actions of an ethical leader in a variety of situations