Utilize the required readings for this module and access http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/ to write a short paper full 2-3 pages aIDressing the following items in particular:
- 1. Describe the County Health Rankings.
- 2. At the County Health Rankings Web page, click on the search by county, state, or topic area.
- a) Search for Orange, CA information.
- b) Identify Orange County, Californias ranking under Health Behaviors.
- c) Identify percentages of 4 health behaviors listed under Orange County.
- d) Search for your Local County and State where you currently live.
- e) Briefly summarize findings about your local county and states health outcomes (example: to length of life, quality of life, and health behaviors).
- 3. In your own words, define risk factors and provide examples of risk factors for health behaviors you identified in #2 above. Be sure to cite a reference even though you used your own words.
- 4. Research and identify another source of data for health behaviors (e.g., national database or tracking system).
- Formatting Requirements:
- · The paper must include full length of 2-3 pages paper.
- · The paper must include 3 references from provided readings and cited in APA.
- · Be sure that all information and ideas in your papers are supported by in-text citations and corresponding references at the end of the paper.
- · Paper and references should be done in APA format.
- Administration for Children & Families (2012). Overview. Tools conducting a community assessment. [Electronic resources]. Retrieved from http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ocs/resource/conducting-a-community-assessment-1#Overview
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). (2014). The behavioral risk factor surveillance system. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/brfss/about/
- Glanz, K. (n.d.) Social and behavioral theories. Retrieved from http://www.esourceresearch.org/eSourceBook/SocialandBehavioralTheories/1LearningObjectives/tabid/724/Default.aspx. Also available as pdf at http://www.esourceresearch.org/Portals/0/Uploads/Documents/Public/Glanz_FullChapter.pdf
- Glanz, K., Rimer, B.K., & Viswanath, K. (Eds.) (2008). Health behavior and health education: Theory, research, and practice (4th ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (2016). County health rankings & roadmaps. Retrieved from http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Cancer Institute (2005). Theory at a glance. Retrieved April 12, 2013 from http://www.sneb.org/2014/Theory%20at%20a%20Glance.pdf
- Vermont Department of Health (2011). Community assessment tool kit: Nutrition and physical activity. Fit and healthy Vermonters. Retrieved October 21, 2015 from http://healthvermont.gov/local/grants/documents/CommunityAssessmentToolkit.pdf