Consider your organization or another organization that has been affected by a cyber-attack. Feel free to research current events on this topic if you do not have personal experience with an organization who has been affected by a cyber-attack. Once you have selected an organization, answer the following questions:
- Provide a brief summary of the organization you have selected.
- What type of cyber-attack occurred?
- How did the organization respond to the attack?
- What were the impacts (or potential impacts) to the business?
- What were the costs associated with the attack? If you do not have actual numbers, what types of costs were likely involved?
- What did the organization do to mitigate the risk of future attacks? Did the organization change its processes or procedures?
- As a business manager, what are some additional recommendations you would make to the organization, from a business perspective, to better defend itself in the future? What steps can the business take to better support the IT (information technology) department’s security efforts? Explain.
- Embed course material concepts, principles, and theories, which require supporting citations along with at least two scholarly peer reviewed references supporting your answer.
- Use academic writing standards and APA style guidelines.
Be sure to support your statements with logic and argument, citing all sources referenced.