- Choose one of the following infectious diseases and discuss the potential impact of the disease, pathogenesis, mechanism of transmission, and associated risks.
- Marburg hemorrhagic fever
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome
- Differentiate among several types of shock: cardiogenic, hypovolemic, obstructive, distributive, and septic. Explain the pathophysiology of each.
- Discuss the risks of morbidity and mortality and the preparation and prevention measures for one type of natural disaster
- Explain how to set up for disaster closet in the emergency department. What items should it contain? Who should have access? Should it be locked? What type of drills should be conducted?
- Elaborate on the pathophysiology of burns. Differentiate between first, second, and third degree burns. What are the potential complications of each?
- Discuss the pathogenesis and progression of ebola. What safety concerns were addressed during the 2014 outbreak?
Write an essay on the following topic:
- Traumatic Brain Injury
The essay should contain at least two scholarly sources in addition to the textbook. It should cover the following points:
- Explain the pathophysiology of the disease
- Discuss common clinical manifestations
- List differential diagnoses
- Determine which lab tests would confirm the diagnosis and expected results
- Analyze a current protocol for treatment and discuss how the treatment works from the pathophysiological perspective