Course Project Milestone 3 PowerPoint or Poster Guidelines
The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate the skills of the professional nurse as an educator. You are to prepare a patient scenario based on the required assigned topic. You will choose an already developed and reliable mHealth app to use in the education of your patient.
Based on your accepted Milestone 1 assignment, use the information to identify teaching areas to improve patient outcomes and ways to evaluate the success of the patient’s use of the mHealth app. You will include both the citations and references in APA format.
You will develop the Patient Education Technology Guide using Microsoft PowerPoint OR a Poster in Microsoft Office format. You must use either a PowerPoint presentation or the Poster template provided, depending on which option you choose. Only complete one assignment: PowerPoint or Poster.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO1: Describe patient-care technologies as appropriate to address the needs of a diverse patient population. (PO1)
CO5: Identify patient care technologies, information systems, and communication devices that support safe nursing practice. (PO5)
The entire project is worth 600 points. Milestone 3 is worth 225 points of this total.
Required Assigned Topic
Required Assigned Topic for the focus of your paper.
• Person with Asthma OR breathing issues. Note: You will use the same scenario you developed and same mHealth app you identified in Week 2.
- Select a Microsoft PowerPoint OR a Poster presentation for this assignment. See the Guidelines below for each of the options.
- You are required to complete this assignment using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.pptx” format. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365, which is available to Chamberlain students for FREE by downloading from the student portal at
PowerPoint Assignment Guidelines
- You are required to cite your source(s) as it relates to your application slide. Other citations are permitted, but this is not a requirement for the assignment.
- Title slide (first slide): Include a title slide with your name and the title of the presentation.
- Scenario Slide (one slide): This slide should include the approved patient scenario from Milestone 1 and 2. You will use the approved patient scenario and include a disease process, diagnosis, OR identify a patient with a desire to maintain good health and prevent illness and who would benefit from an already developed and reliable mHealth app. Include the nurse’s assessment of learning needs and readiness to learn.
- mHealth application slide (one slide): Identify a developed and reliable mHealth app that could benefit the patient. Describe the app, including the following.
- Name of app
- Purpose of app
- Intended audience
- Mobile device(s) upon which the app will operate
- Where to download or obtain it (include a working link if it is to be downloaded from a website)
- Any other information you believe would be pertinent to this situation
- Be sure to cite all sources you use.
- Teaching slide(s) (one to three slides): Prepare slides that contain important points about the app that you want to teach to the patient, such as how to use the app safely and effectively (including how to interpret and act on the information that is provided).
- Evaluation slide(s) (one to three slides): Describe how you would determine the success of the patient’s use of this app. For example, include ways to evaluate the effectiveness of the teaching plan that are a good fit for the type of app and focus on specific ways that this app benefits the patient’s health and wellness.
- References (last slide): List any references for sources that were used and cited in the presentation.
- Number of PowerPoint slides: 6-10 slides total
Writing and design: There should be no spelling or grammatical errors. Writing is concise and clear. Avoid words that the patient may not understand. Slides are visually appealing, incorporating graphics, photographs, colors, and themes.
Review the section on Academic Integrity Policy found in the RNBSN Policies. All work must be original (in your own words) unless properly cited.
Best Practices in Preparing PowerPoint Slideshows
- Be creative but realistic.
- Incorporate graphics, color, themes, or photographs to increase interest.
- Make each slide easy to read with short bullet points and large font. You may use speaker notes for full sentences.
- Review directions thoroughly.
- Cite all sources within the slides with (author, year), as well as on the reference slide.
- Proofread prior to final submission.
- Check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
- Abide by the Chamberlain academic integrity policy.