Click here to read the health care workforce shortage and its implications on America’s hospitals, at the American Hospitals Association’s (AHA) website.
Select a hospital, which is not more than two hours away from your place of residence. Based on your readings and understanding, create a 3- to 4-page report in a Microsoft Word document, that includes:
A plan for a rural, medium-sized hospital to deal with short- and long-term workforce shortages.
Your plan should include the following elements:
- An introduction.
- A description of the health care workforce shortage and its implications.
- The aspects that need immediate attention and aspects that need long term attention. Provide a rationale on why these aspects need attention.
- A description of the financial implications for these issues.
- An explanation of the risks associated with these problems.
- Your recommendations to solve these problems.
- An explanation of the methods to measure the success of the plan.
- A description of the next steps, if the plan failed.
- A conclusion and a reference list.
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format. Include all in text citations.