Discipleship Reflection Paper
- Discipleship Reflection Paper Grading Rubric (15.644 KB)
After reading Smither, Augustine as Mentor, the student will write a reflection paper of at least 1,000 words (about 4 pages) on lessons in discipleship and spiritual formation from the early church. The paper should include:
- A brief introduction (100 words) and statement of thesis (what the student will aim to do in the paper).
- A 400-word (about 2 page) summary of 3-4 discipleship strategies employed by Augustine and other church fathers.
- A 400-word (about 2 page) reflection on what early Christian principles and practices of spiritual formation might apply today in various ministries (i.e. training pastors and church leaders, discipling adults, youth, children, international students, etc.). The student is encouraged to think about his or her own personal ministry.
- A brief conclusion (100 words) summarizing the reflection paper.
The reflection paper should adhere to current Turabian format, and references to Augustine as Mentor should be footnoted. The rubric document (see attached) shows how the paper will be evaluated.
The Discipleship Reflection Paper is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 5.