What stage do you find the most challenging in your future nursing career
We have learned about Benner’s Novice to Expert Model and how there are stages of a newly graduate nurse becoming an expert nurse. The purpose of this discussion is to delve into the model and help provide a deeper understanding to guide you and make you successful in your nursing career. Please review each of the five stages of Benner’s Model and reflect on the following questions.
1. What stage do you find the most challenging in your future nursing career and why?
After reading through the five stages of Benner’s Novice to Expert Model, I am amazed how each stage followed each other. I believe the expert stage will be most challenging to me in my future nursing career. At the expert stage, a nurse is required to have a vast knowledge of situations that permits confidence and instinctual grasp of convoluted patient conditions. One must be able to understand what needs to be done in any given situation to rectify and solve an issue. As a future nurse, I perceive expert stage most challenging because it comes with great responsibilities. I found that position most challenging since it overseas all tasks related to the field and requires more experience In that particular field, outstanding knowledge, passion, dedication.
2. How will you overcome these challenges?
3. When you are in this most challenging stage of development as a nurse, how might you react to other healthcare professionals or even patients who are not aware of the Benner’s Novice to Expert Model?
Respond to at least two peers:
1. Do you feel the same as your peer’s choice? What do you see as different?
2. Do you have any other suggestions for your peer to help overcome the