can you please answer those question. i apperciate your help Design Layout References Mailings Review ma…
Major Nursing Organization
Major Nursing Organization that have impact on nursing education are:
1) American Nurses Association( ANA)
ANA is a professional organisation that advances and protects the nursing profession by fostering high standards in nursing education and practice.
2) International Council of nurses ( ICN)
ICN is founded in 1899 and it is the first international organisation for health care professionals.ICN represents more than 19 million nurses from different countries in the world. It is the federation of 130 national nurses associations . These national association are regulating the nursing education in their own respective countries. ICN policies are there by influencing the nursing education in most of the countries.
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education( CCNE)
CCNE is an autonomous accrediting agency in the nursing profession. It is recognised by the US Secretary of Education. It is founded in 1996.
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing( ACEN)
It is also one of the most recognised accrediting agency.ACEN accredits LPN ( licensed practical nurse)and diploma.
National student nurses Association( NSNA)
NSNA is a non-profit organisation founded on 1952. The objective of the organisation is to promote the professional development of nursing students.
2. ANA( American Nurses Association)
ANA is a professional organisation that advances and protects the nursing profession. It is founded in 1896. It guides the profession and fostering high standards in nursing. It represents 3.6 million registered nurses.
ANCC is the American Nurses Credentialing Center. This organisation is a subsidiary of the American Nurses Association. It promote excellence in nursing and healthcare through the process of credentialing.It is the largest certification body for advanced practice in nursing.
CCNE ( Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) is an autonomous accrediting agency in the nursing profession.It is recognised by the US Secretary of Education. It is founded in 1996.
NLN ( National league for nursing)
NLN is founded in 1893. It is a national organisation on the field of nursing education. The members are nursing faculties and leaders in nursing education. It contributes in faculty development and research grants.
STTI( Sigma Theta Tau)
It is a honor society of nursing, founded on 1922. It has more than 134000 members. This organisation helps in developing leaders in the nursing profession.
3. Nursing Education Accreditation process
Accreditation is the process of granting approval to an institution of higher learning by an official review board after the school has met certain criteria or requirements. Nursing Education Accreditation process is the act of accrediting the educational institutions and giving credentials to it.
Importance: Accreditation is the most important step of a nursing institution. Accreditation indicates that the institution has high quality standards in programme content, faculty qualifications xnd and programme quality etc. Accreditation process is necessary for guiding the students to receive high quality education from the right institutions. Students may receive financial aids, transfer credits and graduate education if he of she studies in an accredited institution. Students who graduated from an accredited school may get job easily when compared to non accredited school graduate.
4. Types of nursing programmes and degrees
* LPN or LVN ( licensed practical nurses or vocational nurses) : one year training programme. LPN provides basic patient care( vital signs, monitoring of patient). It usually require no prerequisite classes.
* ADN ( Associate Degree in Nursing): It may extend from 15 months to 2 years. Prerequisite classes are needed for the course. Patient education, administering medications, providing emotional support to family members can be done by an ADN registered nurse.
* BSN ( Bachelor of Science in nursing) : four year programme and offers good job prospects and good salary. The demand for BSN also high through out the world.
* MSN ( Master of Science nursing): Different specialities are available such as Adult nurses practitioner( ANP), Family nurse Practitioner( FNP), Nurse Educator etc.