a persuasive essay in response to the theme:
Write a persuasive essay in response to the theme:
“A multinational corporation has no moral or social responsibility to engage in corporate social responsibility (CSR) programs.”
Required Elements of Assignment #2 – Persuasive Essay:
· Write a persuasive essay either supporting or denying the veracity of the theme statement;
· The argument should include a discussion of for or against corporate social responsibility
· Include a discussion about the idea of distributive justice and the current distribution of wealth;
Required Formatting of Persuasive Essay:
- This essay should be double-spaced, 12-point font, and four to six pages in length excluding the title page and reference page;
- Title page;
- Introductory paragraph and a summary paragraph;
- Write in the third person;
- Use APA formatting for in-text citations and a reference page. You are expected to paraphrase and not use quotes. Deductions will be taken when quotes are used and found to be unnecessary;
- Submit the paper in the Assignment Folder.
Persuasive Writing Resources:
· Tips on Writing a Persuasive Essay
· How to Write a Persuasive Essay
· Argumentative Essays
Tips For Writing a Persuasive Essay:
· Use a pleasant and reasonable tone in your essay. Sarcasm and name-calling weaken an argument. Logic and fairness will help to keep it strong.
· Make your best argument your last argument.
· Select your words carefully, have them evoke an image. Persuasion is about appealing to all the emotions of the reader. The use of adjectives and logic will convey a vivid picture and will make the reader believe you and that you write as an authority on the subject.
· No personal pronouns and no I think, I feel, I believe as these phrases all weaken your perspective because the reader is less likely to think you are writing from fact than fiction.
· No personal experiences